Call and Book Your Hotel Now!
Domestic Toll-Free for US and Canada: 1-800-997-1438
Some nationals require a visa for the duration of the intended stay in the Republic of Cyprus for different reasons such as tourism, business, education, employment or residence. Transit passengers also require visas for their stop in Cyprus.
This visa is for a stay of up to 90 days, provided they are genuine visitors.
(1) Nationals of Britain, Australia, Canada, USA, Other EU, Japan for a stay of up to 90 days.
(2) Nationals of Andorra, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Korea (Rep), Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Uruguay, Vatican City, Venezuela, and Special Administrative Regions of the Peoples’ Republic of China: Hong Kong and Macao for a stay of up to 90 days.
(3) Transit passengers continuing their onward journey by the same or first connecting aircraft within 24 hours must hold valid onward or return documentation and not leave the airport.
(1) Short-stay visas:
It includes travel visa and multiple-entry visa. Both visas are valid for a stay up to 90 days. But for a multiple-entry visa, the total duration of the visits should not exceed three months (90 days) from the date of the first entry.
(2) Long-stay visas:
For a stay of more than 90 days, all nationals require a long-stay visa. It includes a Cyprus residence visa, work permit visa and student visa.
(3) Transit visas
Passengers travelling from one country to another country and passing through the territory of the Republic of Cyprus might need a Transit Visa. This type of visa can be exceptionally issued for several transits but the duration of each transit case should not exceed five days.
(4) Airport transit visa (ATV):
Passengers continuing their onward journey by the same or first connecting aircraft without entering the national territory of Cyprus during a stopover or transfer between two stages of an international flight might need an Airport transit visa.
(5) Group visas:
It is a type of transit visa, which is limited to a maximum of thirty days. Group visas can be issued to groups of between 5 and 50 people. The person in charge of the group should have a passport and where necessary an individual visa.
1) Original passport with at least 6 months validity.
2) Filled application form.
3) One passport-size photo
4) Confirmed return/onward ticket and evidence of hotel reservation.
5) Proof of sufficient funds for the duration of stay
6) Fee payable by cash or postal order only
7) For business trips, a letter of invitation from a company with details.
8) For students, a letter from the applicant's educational institution.
The time required to issue a visa may vary according to the type of visa and nationality of applicant. Most applications are processed within 24 hours but sometimes it may take two weeks.
Please note: The information contained on this website is for general information purposes only. Any reliance on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. Please contact your nearest embassy for accurate, up-to-date information.